Pasco Kids First Inc. is a private, non-profit organization that has been in existence for over 30 years. We promote the awareness of child abuse and provide leadership to deliver the needed services to help children. We are a community-based team of caring professionals devoted to improving the well-being of children. Our team is actively engaged in the prevention, assessment and treatment of child abuse and neglect.
Pasco Kids First, Inc.
This position is responsible for the fiscal management tasks for this agency under the direct supervision of the President/CEO. The Finance Director will operationalize and implement all fiscal policies of the organization as well as serving as the manager of the human resources functions of the agency including benefits administration. This person serves as a member of the senior director’s team for the organization, and is part of the CEO’s Administrative Council.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Overview: Perform Balance Sheet Reconciliations, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Billing. Accountant to submit timely, accurate and fully reconciled grant reports to state agencies, assist with preparation of entity and grant related operating budgets. This position needs to have experience in managing high peaks in workload due to simultaneous grant reporting dates.
Supervises the fiscal and human resource functions for this agency.
Develops and implements policies, procedures, and protocols as needed to carry out these two agency functions.
Maintains all agency contracts and monitors those for compliance with all fiscal requirements of the funding bodies.
Maintains all personnel records on agency personnel in compliance with contract requirements and good business practices. Serves as the primary Human Resources Officer for the organization for the purposes of on-boarding, orienting and advising employees as to their employee benefits, assisting employees in providing the agency with appropriate documentation (i.e. immigration status, background checks), and accepting employee grievances.
Supervises the Staff Accountant function of the organization including the writing of checks and input of data into the fiscal management system. In addition, this person will maintain good vendor relationships, assist in procuring and evaluating bids for the provision of material or services when appropriate, and will assist the President/CEO in making decisions related to the purchase requirements of the organization.
Assists in the preparation of the agency and program budgets and monitors expenditures to ensure compliance with budget guidelines and GAAP. Advises the President/CEO when expenditures exceed either line items or overall budget.
Provides leadership within the agency through advocating and implementing proactive human resources and fiscal practices that assist the organization in its mission.
Provide supervision of the accounting staff in all functions including the accounts payable/receivable function.
Performs other duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Masters Degree in Accounting, or a business-related field with significant Accounting course work or a major in Accounting. Minimum three to five years of direct experience with a non-profit organization.
- 3-5 years prior general ledger accounting software experience is essential.
- Experience working with the reporting, tracking and audit requirements for government and multi-lateral grants.
- Significant experience of at least 3-5 years in budget development and management, human resources administration and personnel management.
- Strong organizational skills and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required; additional Microsoft Office experience required.
- Familiarity with pledges, multi-year grants and other complex charitable gift types.
- Fundamental knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Deadline and detail-oriented.
- Prepare any internal reports necessary for management to evaluate the program’s effectiveness.
- Strong communication skills.
Pasco Kids First wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We offer competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and peace of mind.
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance
- 403b Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Mental Health Time off
- Much more!
Salary Range: $60,000 – $65,000 based upon experience.
Apply to this Pasco Kids First Job PositionApply to this Pasco Kids First Employment or volunteer Position
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com