Sexual Abuse Treatment Program
To assure the child victim's immediated safety, assist the child and family in coping with the trauma, and help prevent further incidents of abuse. It is our belief that all families, no matter how damaged, have strengths that we seek to build upon through specialized therapeutic services.
Who We Are:
- A program of Pasco Kids First.
- A private, non-profit organization providing prevention, early intervention,
assessment, and treatment of child abuse and neglect in Pasco County since 1989
What We Do:
- We provide an array of education, prevention, assessment, and intervention services to all members of the family affected by sexual abuse. We are dedicated to utilizing the most effective and research supported treatment methods.
- Specific components of the program include:
Individual Therapy Play Therapy Family Therapy Group Therapy Non-Offending Parent Therapy Consultation and Coordination with Community Resources Community Education and Prevention
- Services are provided without cost to the family. Pasco Kids First receives funding from the Florida Department of Health Children's Medical Services, Office of the Attorney General, and the Florida Coalition of Children's Advocacy Centers.
- Services are provided to child victims age 3-18 and their families. Referrals are received from the Pasco County Sheriff's Office, Safe Children Coalition, Pasco County Schools, community agencies, and directly from parent caregivers.
- The clinical staff are all trained Master's leveled therapists with specialized training and experience in sexual abuse, physical and emotional abuse, trauma, and family dynamics, Our Child Victim Advocate assists the child and family through the legal system as well as linking the family to resources and referrals within the community.
- Victims of sexual abuse struggle with the emotional pain, anger, and confusion that the abuse has caused. They need specialized help in recovering from this traumatic experience, learning that the abuse was not their fault, improving their self-esteem, and learning to protect themselves from future victimization.
- Sexual Abuse has devastating effects on the entire family. As a family system, all members are affected by other member's emotions and behaviors. Therefore, all members of the family can often benefit from and contribute to the therapeutic process. Family participation not only helps heal the wounds of trauma, but also promotes healthy family functioning.
or call 727-845-8080