We want to thank you for your continued support of Pasco Kids First and the children and families we serve each day. As a community organization proudly serving those in need throughout Pasco and Hernando Counties, we know how difficult and complex times like these can be for all of us and particularly for the numerous families without access to essential resources they rely on.
We also wanted to assure you that we are monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely and are working to ensure we meet the needs of our community as well as provide for the health and safety of our clients, team members and volunteers. We realize this health situation has already been disruptive to many communities across the globe.
Some of the specific steps we are taking to ensure our team members and the families we serve are supported through this trying time as they struggle to deal with the ramifications of COVID-19 and the social distancing necessary to prevent the spread of the virus include:
- Pasco Kids First team members who have a health vulnerability as well as those employees who can complete work requirements at home are requested to do so.
- A core set of Child Protection Team staff will be in the Children’s Advocacy Center between 9am – 5pm and on-call to ensure services are provided 24/7.
- For clients coming to CAC – they are triaged by phone to determine whether the child or any household members have cough, fever, shortness of breath or exposure to COVID-19 in order to practice social distancing.
- Pasco Kids First requests minimal guests escort the client in the waiting room or to wait outside the building.
- Therapy sessions are being offered in the office or virtually, using platforms with the best patient confidentiality protection, as requested by the client or to best meet the client’s individual needs. Appointments are staggered to limit the number of clients in the waiting room.
- The waiting room is wiped down regularly throughout the day and exam rooms and therapy offices are cleaned between each client.
- Healthy Families home visits, assessments and team meetings are being offered virtually when needed.
- Healthy Families Mommies, Daddies and Me Groups and Graduations have been canceled through June.
During these uncertain times, we are especially grateful for your support as we continue to care for child victims of abuse as well as provide support services for families with little children. As the situation evolves, know we will be investing in our capabilities, equipment, and support while reacting in real-time to make sure we are here supporting our community.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 727-845-8080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please stay healthy, safe and stay in touch.
If you feel sick
The Florida Department of Health has opened a COVID-19 Call Center at 1-866-779-6121. Agents will answer questions Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Questions may also be emailed to email@example.com. Email responses will be sent during call center hours.
Link: Florida’s COVID-19 website.