The Director of Development is responsible for the implementation and administration of fundraising, grant writing and research, special events and planned giving, including development planning, volunteer coordination and marketing. This person will serve as a member of the executive team for the organization. Reports to the President/CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiate, develop, administer and evaluate a comprehensive range of activities required to grow a multi-faceted development program.
- Develops and implement a comprehensive strategy to raise funds from individual, corporate and foundation donors. Sets and achieves giving goals.
- Implement fundraising strategies through major gift campaign, capital campaigns, personal cultivation/solicitation, annual and planned giving, and special events.
- Develop and implement short and long-term plans to support funding strategies including a detailed work plan and regular reports of measurable progress distributed to the CEO, Board Members, Staff and the general public as appropriate.
- Facilitates staff and volunteer involvement in fundraising. Leadership and oversight of special events.
- Visibility in the community.
- Productive and engaged relationships with PKF stakeholders internally (staff, board, volunteers) and externally (funders, thought-leaders, community-at-large). Identifies and cultivates gift prospects.
- Coordinated approach to all fundraising activities including communications, marketing and public relations activities.
- Participates on agency leadership team, assisting with implementing the overall organizational vision and strategic plan.
- Researches and writes grants and proposals.
- Provides leadership in maintaining agency website, donor relationship data system and social media.
- Leadership for donor recognition.
- Represents PKF at public events.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Significant leadership experience in non-profit or similar organization.
- Successful track record of success in revenue generation.
- Strong strategic planning, development and implementation experience, and exceptional interpersonal skills required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the area of fundraising.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and networking skills with large groups as well as with individuals.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with prospective individual, corporate and foundation donors.
- Self Motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Proven track record as an effective manager.
May be required to occasionally work nights and weekends as needed.
Apply to this Pasco Kids First Job PositionApply to this Pasco Kids First Employment or volunteer Position
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com