Website Pasco Kids First
Keeping Kids Safe; Strengthening Families
Full Job Description
TRAUMA TREATMENT PROGRAM
7344 Little Road New Port Richey, FL 34654 (727) 845-8080 Fax (727) 848-1292
Job Description – Assistant Clinical Director/Trauma Therapist
Seeking a State of Florida Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Mental Health Counselor, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Psychologist to join our diverse team of experts in the treatment of child abuse and trauma. We are seeking a licensed clinician with at least one year of clinical experience in the field of child sexual abuse. In this role, you will provide direct assistance to the Clinical Director in managing the Trauma Treatment Program and provide individual therapy to children and adults who have experienced physical or sexual abuse, domestic violence, and other traumatic events, as well as working with the families of those children.
Pasco Kids First, Inc. is comprised of the Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) for East and West Pasco, and the Trauma Treatment Program is the therapeutic component for the CAC. The Trauma Treatment Program is a designated Sexual Abuse Treatment Program and a recognized leader in trauma therapy, setting the standard for excellence in Pasco and Hernando counties.
If you are licensed, have clinical experience working with the sexually abused population, are passionate about providing supervision other to clinicians, providing community training, enhancing service provision, possess an excellent work ethic, feel passionate about working with children, and have the ability to work collaboratively with others, you would be a great fit for our team.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assist Clinical Director in meeting programmatic needs, which may include: supervising school interns, assisting Victim Advocate with incoming referrals, overseeing clinician’s paperwork, updating paperwork, orientation and training of newly hired trauma therapists, community outreach and training, tracking grant data, attending Multi-Disciplinary Team, Community, and Administrative meetings.
- Utilize evidence-based treatment modalities and interventions for presenting issues and diagnoses associated with trauma.
- Providing individual therapy with children as well as with parents/caregivers; family therapy when applicable.
- Safety planning.
- Charting the progress of clients according to State and Federal requirements.
- Collaborating with the treatment team and community stakeholders.
- Participating in professional development activities.
- Testifying in Court when necessary.
You would be the ideal candidate if you:
- Hold the following licenses or certifications: psychologist (Ph.D./PsyD), LCSW, LMFT or LMHC with the State of Florida.
- Have documented experience providing therapy to children who have experienced sexual and physical abuse.
- Possess knowledge and experience with evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Have current or previous experience working with clients with trauma.
- Have knowledge or experience with the child welfare system.
- Work well independently and within a team.
The benefits of working at Pasco Kids First Trauma Treatment Program:
Pasco Kids First offers our full-time employees a competitive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Generous PTO package increasing with years of employment (Years 1-5 =16 PTO, 401K, vacation, Sick, Mental Health, and 16 Holiday days)
- Performance-based raise structure
- Annual free CEU series provided on site
- Some flex time and work-from-home availability