Website Pasco Kids First
Keeping Kids Safe; Strengthening Families
Trauma Treatment Program
Seeking licensed or licensed eligible clinician with a minimum of six months of clinical experience working with children and families impacted by trauma and child sexual abuse. It is preferred that the candidate is trained in evidence-based practices in working with children impacted by trauma such as Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Treatment. In this role, you will provide individual therapy to children and adults who have experienced physical or sexual abuse, exposure to domestic or community violence and other traumatic events as well as working with the families of those children. For this position, the ability to communicate and provide therapy in English and Spanish is preferred.
About Pasco Kids First
Pasco Kids First, Inc. was launched in 1989 to keep kids safe and strengthen families through the assessment and treatment of child abuse and neglect. The agency is the Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) for Pasco county operating both Child Protection and Trauma Therapy teams as well as the Healthy Families program which serves both Pasco and Hernando Counties. PKF is an accredited member of the National Children’s Alliance, and the Trauma Treatment Program is the only designated Sexual Abuse Treatment Program and is a recognized leader in trauma therapy, setting the standard for excellence in Pasco and Hernando counties.
Overview of Position
Provide evidence-based treatment to children and families who have experienced the trauma of sexual abuse, physical abuse, or witnessed domestic or community violence:
- Maintaining a full-time caseload utilizing evidence-based treatment modalities to provide individual therapy with children, parents/caregivers, and family therapy when applicable.
- Safety planning with clients and assistance with suicidal/homicidal assessments if a Licensed Clinician.
- Charting the progress of clients according to State and Federal requirements.
- Providing Progress Reports to community partners and dependency court as needed.
- Collaborating with the treatment team and community stakeholders.
- Attending required training and staff meetings.
- Tracking data as needed.
- Testifying in Court when necessary.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Hold or working towards the following licenses or certifications: psychologist (PhD/PsyD), LCSW, LMFT or LMHC with the State of Florida.
- Have over six months of documented experience providing therapy to children who have experienced sexual abuse.
- Possess knowledge and experience with evidence-based treatment modalities.
- Have current or previous experience working with clients with trauma.
- Have knowledge or experience with the child welfare system.
- Work well independently and within a team.
Benefits of Working with Pasco Kids First
Pasco Kids First offers our full-time employees a competitive total compensation package, including:
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & 403B. Health benefits are partially funded by agency.
- Generous PTO package beginning on first day of employment and increasing with tenure. Over 3 weeks of PTO the first year and 14 paid holidays and 4 hours of Mental Health time monthly.
- Performance based raise structure.
- Ongoing training in evidence-based therapy models and CEU’s provided on site & at no cost.
- Licensure supervision for Florida Department of Health Registered Clinical Social Work Interns
Additional Position Information
This position will be based out of the New Port Richey and Dade City offices. Travel to those offices is expected and schedule will vary based on programmatic needs. Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000 and is based on candidate experience. More information on the organization can be found at www.pascokidsfirst.org. Please apply to Diane York, Clinical Director at email@example.com
Appy to this Position
Application Form to apply to the position or volunteer job